3.03.2010

Nashville getaway

We all know that winters get depressing and LONG and even though Memphis winters are definitely shorter than Idaho winters, it still seems like it drags on. Me and a few of my friends have been wanting to getaway for a weekend and our husbands took charge of the children and we were able to go to Nashville. It was so fun and so needed! We went to the Grand Ole Opry and saw Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Vince Gill and a few others that were older and that I didnt recognize. It was a fun atmosphere and I am so glad I got to go! We also did some shopping, ate at the cheesecake factory, california pizza kitchen, got pedicures, went to a movie, soaked in the hot tub (just feet for me) and talked late into the night. It made me realize how much I actually need to get away once in a while without kids. Thanks James, who was great about the whole thing and spent lots of quality time with Elle (even painting her fingers and toes purple) while I was gone. Next time you are coming with me:) Excuse the ugly pictures of me, I am almost 20 weeks and unfortunately I am not one of those skinny butt pregnant women who only gain in their tummies (seriously is that even fair?)....so you will probably not get too many more pictures of me after this point.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

15 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you had gone to Nashville. What fun to go with your girlfriends! I love the pedicure/feet pictures. Props to James for stepping up while you had a fun getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! I need a girls weekend too. Winter really does get too long, and being stuck inside all day with a bored baby isn't always fun. You look great, what are you talking about! At least you're tall.. when I was pregnant I gained it everywhere and looked like a whale. haha, definitely envy those skinny pregnant girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish i was still in TN so I could have joined in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. {Sniffle Sniffle} I am supposed to be in ALL of those pictures! {Sniffle}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you wacko girl? You look great at 20 weeks! That looks so fun and I'm so jealous. Looks like you have some fun girlfriends:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, I'm jealous! I would have joined. And it would have been easy for me. I have no husband or kids to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you had a weekend get away sometimes we need those for our sanity..lol like your mom i love the pedicure pic and the after the fact of the toes, how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. update please. I am needing a belly shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was not invited to join, so what is Sandra and Amy talking about? I am glad you have made good friends here. It makes it easier to adjust to a new place

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like it was so much fun(: I was just thinking about how much I miss hanging out with you, wish you were still here. Congrats on being pregnant, I bet Elle is so excited. love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am slacking in the blogging world. Congrats on being pregnant that is awesome!! I am not sure what you are talking about you look beautiful, especially pregnant:) Your trip to Nashville looks like it was lots of fun and I can't believe how big Elle is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you have been having a lot of fun! Congrats on the baby boy. That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was like 50 days ago! ;) Update please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am with Shelly...let see some more pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a blast...we gotta go again! soon!

    ReplyDelete