11.29.2009

Pigeon Forge

A few weeks ago me, Elle, and my SIL, Sandra went to Pigeon Forge for a nice little vacation. Sandra had a few classes she had to attend but other than that we just, ate, shopped and played. It was such a cute touristy place and two special places we got to go to were Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede (very similar to Midevil times), and Wonder Works. Wonder works was so fun, it had earthquake simulators, a bed of nails we laid on, giant Bubbles, a few fun rides, and lots of other fun stuff. Elle really enjoyed it. I think our favorite part was our cute hotel though. We stayed at a place called "The inn at christmas place". It is decorated for Christmas year round and they even have a jolly old singing santa. He played songs on his guitars while the kids danced around in their pj's and afterwards got to eat milk and cookies. How cute is that?! I wish I got pictures of our hotel, the dixie stampede and wonder works but I didn't, just took a few random ones throughout the week. Did I mention there was FUDGE shops EVERYWHERE! Somehow Sandra got talked into buying 7 blocks of fudge. I wasn't about to complain:) Sandra was also nice enough to take Elle swimming a few times while we were there and she LOVED the hot tub and all the grown up attention she got in there:) Thanks Sandra for taking us with you. It definitely will be a trip we will remember.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you got to get out cause I know how hard it is to have your hubby in grad school (yuck!). I wish I had my SILs close to hang out with! Can't wait (did I mention I CAN'T WAIT) to see everyone at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics. Pigeon Forge is a ton of fun. We'll all have to go together one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip. . . Christmas before Christmas! Sandra is a doll. I'm glad that Elle has such a fun aunt to do things with, and you have a great SIL that will let you tag along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I was there! It was so fun last tyou when I took the girls. Gotta love that Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I enjoy going more than anyone. I'm just glad you and Elle got to come with me. It made it so much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun! what a cute place! i love these pictures! elle is SO grown up now, i can't believe it! that fudge looks amazing... i bet it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That place looks and sounds AMAZING, so magical! Fudge, Santa, shopping, swimming, sounds like such a blast! You take such gorgeous pictures. I LOVE your family pictures, and the pictures you took of your Elle and her little frienemy. Gorgeous little girl and gorgeous little family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture of you guys kissing, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like everywhere in the south is better than Memphis doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete