5.24.2009

Papa and Nana Eatons

We headed down to Jackson, Tn once again for a get together with James' s family. They cooked a pig, killed it and everything. I can definitely say this is something that I could never get used to. To see the pig laying there and everyone eating barbecue pig sandwiches is not very appetizing to me. I did have a bite and although it was pretty darn good I couldn't eat much. Elle is always fascinated with all of Papa's baby animals or creatures that make their homes close to his house. There is always something new there and she loves to spend time there. 
Photobucket
Elle getting more comfortable around the turtle

Photobucket

Elle and Sydney playing with the turtle and the baby geese

Photobucket

Amy, Sydney and Elle relaxing on Papa's porch Swing, and Papa taking care of his animals

Photobucket

Elle being a little turkey for the camera. Her cheesy smile!

6 comments:

  1. wow, i dont know that i could get use the pig things either. eeeh. im not a meat person in general anyway- love the pics of elle with the geese and the turtle, maggie would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a kid, I think Papa and Nana's place would be heaven! (I love all those animals!) Don't LOOK at the pig, just enjoy the meat :) This last week Tessa helped her Mom with a reception at Rose River. It was all Fancy Shmancy and they did a pig and served it on the main table face and all. Tess wasn't quite sure about that either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Syd's grumpy face behind Elle in the turtle picture. She is going to miss her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one brave little girl, holding that baby goose! I lived in the country and I don't know that I could even do that now! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are so "Springy" I love the cute little ducklings. We are DYING to see you guys and especially Elle. Zac has already bought her some beach toys and he can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks like so much fun!! and i totally agree about the pig, i think i would be pretty grossed out about that! Elle is getting so big! she's such a cutie! and i love your pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete